Kakadu Media Release
2 May 2023: For immediate release
New Australian overlanding brand launches in the US
Kakadu is a new Australian brand, launching an unparalleled overlanding range at Overland Expo West in May. The Kakadu brand is backed by more than 80 years heritage developing innovative, Australian designed, reliable outdoor products.
Justin Casey, CEO, said the time is right to bring the new brand and proven product range to the US. “We’ve been developing high quality products for Australians and overlanders around the world for decades. Australians and Americans share a love of the outdoors and adventure, and we’ve been asked many times to make the best of our range available in the US.
“There are some incredible landscapes and amazing places to explore in the US. To get out and do that confidently, you need reliable, good quality gear, and a bit of comfort is always a bonus. That’s where the Kakadu brand comes in. It’s proven in Australian conditions so you can explore further, and play longer, with confidence,” he said.
Kakadu is one of the world’s oldest, most remote, diverse and dangerous national parks. Captivating, inhospitable, and covering almost 7,700 square miles, Kakadu’s ancient escarpment and stone country changes to savanna woodland, rainforest, coastal floodplains, tidal mudflats and dense mangroves where 10,000 deadly crocs lurk.
“This is where we play, and this is the land that inspired the development of the Kakadu brand and range. From shelter to comfort, the range is tried and tested in harsh Australian conditions to withstand whatever mother nature throws at it,” Justin said.
The Kakadu range launching at Overland Expo West includes:
- patented Outback Shower – a portable rechargeable gas shower that delivers hot water in seconds
- unique portable woodfire stove for safe, contained fire for cooking and heating
- swags – an Aussie staple in the bush; easily portable all-in-one bed and shelter for reliable protection and comfort in extreme conditions
- hard shell and hybrid rooftop tents
- additional innovative shelters including stretcher tent, bivy, and fast frame instant tents
- vehicle awnings
- rugged, oversize sleeping bags made with recycled fill – minimise your environmental footprint and stay warm
- portable transit fridge/freezer.